Louisiana.gov > DPS > Office of Motor Vehicles > Text Size

Louisiana Notice of Vehicle Transfer

You can use this transaction if you have recently sold, donated, or traded a vehicle.  Your OMV record will be immediately flagged indicating the disposition of the vehicle. This vehicle will not be legally transferred until the new owner makes proper application for title.

In order to report your vehicle as sold, donated, or traded, you need the following information:

  • License plate number
  • Expiration date (as shown on vehicle's registration)
  • Vehicle identification number
  • Driver's license number or company EIN (as shown on vehicle's registration)
  • Name and address of buyer
  • Date sold, donated, or traded
  • Selling price of vehicle (if applicable)