Louisiana Driver's License Renewal
For most Louisiana motorists, driver's license renewal is a simple 5-step process:
||Enter Renewal Information and Confirm Record
||View Fee Breakdown
||Authorize Payment of Fee
||View and Print Receipt
||Provide Feedback (optional)
We are currently closed.
- The following items are required to renew your driver's license:
- Computer generated mail-in renewal invitation
- Your photo Louisiana driver's license which you have in your possession
- Valid credit card backed by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express
- If your address is different than what appears on the face of your license, you are not eligible for
internet renewal. Louisiana law requires your current address to appear on the face of your license. You must visit an office to renew.
- You must use Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher to successfully complete your transaction.
- Your license renewal will include a State Charge for electronic commerce in accordance with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:316.1.
- NOTICE: Louisiana Law requires that all vehicles you have registered be currently covered with the required
limits of liability insurance or other security as provided under
R.S. 32:861 et al. The law is enforced by civil and criminal penalty.
- Changes in personal information, including address, are not allowed by using the Internet, telephone,
or mail-in method of renewal. If you require any changes, you must visit your local Office of Motor Vehicles for issuance of a new driver's license.
- Please note that your Driver's License renewal
invitation may indicate a renewal fee greater than what is indicated on our web site. This
is due to the removal of the $15 application fee. The fee indicated on the web site is
the correct fee for your renewal.
Please return at fifteen minutes after midnight.
Current time is 11:47 PM